The values of Gold Terra’s engagement program are:
- Respect for People and the Environment
- Neighbourly Conduct
Community and Government Engagement Goals
Community Engagement Goals
The goals of v’s Engagement Program are:
- To earn community support for responsibly rebuilding Yellowknife’s community-based multigenerational mining industry
- To address concerns about mining in general and Yellowknife’s history of mining.
- To avoid surprising our stakeholders and to maintain trusting, transparent relationships.
- To comply with the requirements of the Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board (MVLWB)
Government Engagement Goals
- For government to ensure a large sustainable supply of safe, reliable, carbon-free, competitively priced energy
- For government to ensure government funded arsenic studies differentiate between: toxicity levels; and background and industrial sources; the communications strategy is balanced; and, that the public is educated to interpret the results.
- For government to ensure availability of a northern resident workforce trained to operate modern electrified and automated mines
- For government to remediate historical mine sites within the project using Indigenous companies
- For government to delay granting new surface rights within the project until it is determined that the area that the rights are being sought is unlikely to host a mine.
- To comply with the requirements of the Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board